Where can your dreams take you in 2012 if you allow yourself to take one inspired step at a time? Are you aligned with work that matters to you?
“One you make a decision, the Universe conspires to make it happen.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
On Gifts and Dreams
You have a unique gift or two to share with the world. The question we often grapple with is “how to get that gift out of our hearts and into the world”?
Though we’re all capable of making the transformation, we can struggle with having the faith in our ability to do so.
Too often, what stops us from pursuing our dreams is not that it’s too difficult, but that we think it’s too difficult – so we don’t even try.
At the end of the day the question is – are you more committed to your dreams or to your doubt, worries and fears? The evidence is in the action you are or aren’t taking each day.
You’ve heard that saying, “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!” The same theory applies with your conscious reinvention. How do you change your life and do work that matters to you? One inspired step at a time.
You are in charge of your life and stepping up to your great work is an internal job.
Attitudes and beliefs are never neutral. They are either moving you forward or holding you back – but we often forget we can choose what we are going to believe. Choose to live your dream and do the work you feel called to BECAUSE IT MATTERS TO YOU.
The $1,000,000 Question
So, here’s the million-dollar question:
With everyone trying to “make it”, how can you be sure that YOU will succeed when you take action to align with work that truly matters to you?
The answer lies in 2 simple steps:
1. Make sure your gift is an honest expression of what’s in your heart.
In other words, do the thing that speaks to your passion, not the thing you think might be easiest to sell or will be more easily accepted. The surest way to step fully into true abundance, meaning and joyful work is to honestly share your gift without hidden agendas …even if it seems unconventional to some.
2. Never pass up an opportunity to share your gift with the world.
Lead with a servant’s heart. Mentor others who aren’t as experienced as you are. Be willing to support colleagues or co-workers even when it may not be popular. Share high value information freely to support growth and awareness across your team or organization. Prepare your staff for their next position, etc. Whatever your leadership role, I think you get the picture. Rather than keep the gift locked up inside you until “someone pays you what you’re worth”, share your gift in service to those around you, and watch and see how much influence you have – whether it’s in an organization or with your clients.
You may not see evidence in your checkbook that the dream calling out to you is a good idea, it rarely works like that. What usually occurs is synchronicities will show up in your life to point the way forward. As you take each step forward, the next step is revealed and the resources you need show up.
If you pay attention to what is showing up in your life and flow with it, you will be amazed at what is possible.
Over the past few weeks I’ve seen this happen in a big way:
- One day over $6,000 came in from an unexpected source. I certainly wasn’t expecting that money, but what a joy it was to get that news. It came right when I needed those funds to close a project.
- This past week I just got back from a business trip to New York. That wasn’t in my plans, but a generous person approached me and said they felt impressed to pay my way. When this happened I realized that an opportunity was being opened for me that I needed to take. So planned or not, I accepted and had a very productive trip AND a fabulous time seeing the city.
This same is possible for you.
No matter who you are or where you’re from, you have within you the power to transform your life.
Anything is Possible
When you say “no more” to holding back from the full expression of who you were created to be – anything and everything is possible. The things you are most passionate about point the way to your purpose.
My mission is to help you to break free from a lifestyle that’s holding you down and then find the courage to embrace one that uplifts you. Have the courage to pursue your dreams and you will find achievement AND fulfillment through your work. (Do you have a Mission Statement?)
Don’t spare another day holding back from the dream and work that is calling out to you. Defy average and be the extraordinary leader you were born to be. Today is the perfect day to start. I promise you, your life and leadership will come alive when you align with work that matters to you.
Get Your Purpose
Ready to go deeper? The Conscious Reinvention in Minutes process is designed to get you into action quickly.
Conscious (mindful, intentional, on purpose) + Reinvention (to bring into use again) = Conscious Reinvention
- What do you need to say “no more” to? What have you been avoiding or ignoring that needs to be addressed so you can do meaningful work that matters to you?
- Why? What is the cost? The more you can get in touch with the pain the more energy it creates for you, and the more motivation you have to get a breakthrough.
- Now, what is possible? Picture your life without that thing in your life. Let the visionary dreamer in you that knows your dream matters speak to you. Imagine your life without the painful thing out of your life. What would you do if you were no longer stopped by that limiting belief? What would your day look like?
- What action step are you going to take in the next 24 hours to show your commitment to the possibility waiting to be explored?
Never miss an issue of Linked 2 Leadership, subscribe today.
Learn, Grow & Develop Other Leaders™
Anastasia Montejano, ACC, PMP, Founder of Management Leadership Coaching
She uses her unique branded system to transform potential into effective leadership
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Website
Image Sources: dancenet.s3.amazonaws.com
- When does the dream end? (africanorigins.wordpress.com)
- Conscious In My Dreams But Not Lucid Yet (ashscrapyard.wordpress.com)
- Dreaming Together (redculture.wordpress.com)