Sent From a Friend
- Are you suffering, or hurting, or troubled? Are you worrying a lot?
- Do you need a quick remedy to help you get past your heartache, sorrows, or even some depression that’s settling in?
- Do you need perspective to help you get back to calm waters and understanding to help get to a sense of peace and joy?
Well, here is just the pick-me-up you need! Try it, it works!
The Message (MSG)
4-5 Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you’re on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!
6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.
Image Sources: http://3.bp.blogspot.com
- Turning Worry into Trust (markconner.typepad.com)
- Praise And Praise Your Worries Away (pureglory.net)
- God’s Unimaginable Peace (lmurray68.wordpress.com)